Develops and implements integrated communications strategies to support the Faculty of Mathematics’ fundraising goals
- Collaborates with the Dean, Director of Advancement, Associate Director of Development, and Associate Director of Advancement and senior academic leaders to recommend the most effective strategies and tactics to engage prospective and current donors in order to achieve annual fundraising targets
Develops proposals, business plans, cases for support, leadership briefs and communication plans and strategies for the Faculty’s (and the university’s) most significant prospective donors
- Participates in strategy discussions and debriefings following meetings with principal gift donors to capture information to be incorporated into correspondence, reports, proposals, etc.
Responsible for the development of highly customized communication pieces to cultivate prospective individual, corporate, and foundation donors and steward existing donors at the principal and major gifts level
- Composes highly confidential print and email correspondence to donors on behalf of the Dean and Director, Advancement. This includes but is not limited to letters of thanks, invitation, solicitation, intent, award nomination/support, congratulation, and condolence
- In collaboration with the Advancement team and Faculty units, creates or edits proposals and grant applications to solicit or compete for significant gifts
- Creates customized stewardship reports to demonstrate appreciation and accountability to principal and major gifts donors
- Develops mass print publications for select audiences, e.g., special event invitations, souvenir programs, etc.
- Writes remarks for the Dean and senior administrators who are speaking at high-profile donor events, such as building grand openings, receptions, retirement parties, etc.
Responsible for overall Mathematics fundraising communications and the creation of strategic content for multiple communication channels
- Responsible for all messaging and stories on the campaign website
- Supports the Faculty of Mathematics’ fundraising campaign by researching, interviewing and writing compelling alumni, donor, faculty research, and industry partnership stories
- Provides direction to Creative Services and other writing, design, photography, and printing contractors with respect to the design and production of various publications
- Works closely with the Communications Team in the Faculty of Mathematics to ensure consistency, accuracy, and excellence in quality of content across the Faculty