Planning and Execution of Advancement Initiatives
- Identifies, plans, implements, manages and evaluates components of the Advancement programs to assist with fundraising and engagement goals.
- Acts as a liaison to the Office of Advancement for all advancement programs, services and activities; represents OPT as a member of the Alumni Professionals Group.
- Develops strategies and targeted communications for the development program and special fundraising initiatives with direction from the AD of Advancement
Relationship Building Programming
- Work with the AD of Advancement to initiate, coordinate and manage community relationships with leaders, donors, service groups and local community businesses.
- Coordinates with faculty, students and donors to manage and execute student initiatives and programs.
- Identifies, develops strategies, and manages relationships with alumni/community members who are suited for specific development approaches and/or volunteer opportunities. These responsibilities will be progressive as the incumbent evolves in the role.
- Creates new and maintains current opportunities for alumni to remain connected to the School through various initiatives.
- Recruits and manages alumni and student volunteers to support advancement initiatives.
- Conducts external visits with alumni and friends to assist with cultivation and stewardship of supporters under the direction of the AD of Advancement.
- Collaborates on meaningful student engagement initiatives that will strengthen lifetime affinity to the School.
- Supports the AD of Advancement with planning and implementation of sponsorship initiatives building relationships with industry partners to advance OPT programs. This includes developing sponsorship charts, recording results and stewarding supporters.
- Works closely with the AD of Advancement and the School Director to recruit, coordinate and manage School and Campaign volunteers
- Coordinates, supports and assists community campaign volunteer committee with planning and execution of fundraising initiatives, including advising on strategy, research, prospect identification, briefing notes, coaching and recording of activity.
- Drafts letters of interest, proposals, and gift agreements requesting input from internal departments/schools and coordinating until document is signed off by all parties.
Design and Development of Alumni/Donor Related Materials
- Works with the AD of Advancement and the Communications Officer to develop materials for donors, prospects and alumni.
- Develops briefing notes and packages for the Director of the School of Optometry & Vision Science, campaign volunteers, senior leadership and faculty as needed.
- Mines database (Raiser’s Edge) for research to prepare meaningful reports in support of the briefing notes.
- Maintain and update the website/s as it relates to advancement activities and priorities.
- Contributes to social media as needed to communicate with target audiences.
- Liase with Central Annual Giving team regarding annual giving appeals and solicitations, call centre, etc…
- Drafts scholarship agreements, requesting input from internal departments and coordinating until document is signed off by all parties.
- Manages gift acknowledgement/donor recognition process, including Alumni of Honour Awards stewardship program.
- Researches and writes some stewardship reports.
Coordination and Implementation of Activities and Events
- Organizes programs and activities for alumni such as reunions and special events: includes implementation, planning, and managing logistics and expectations.
- Collaborates with colleagues in OPT on activities where alumni have an opportunity to connect with students and/or participate in continuing education.
- Liase with central advancement including Alumni Relations team to share ideas, resources and collaborate where possible on events and publications.
Systems, Research and Reporting
- Conducts research on alumni and community demographics and needs, including the development and interpretation of surveys in conjunction with the central alumni team.
- Collects and updates alumni and community information for the Raiser’s Edge system to maintain and track contacts and activities, including activities and visits with alumni and donors.
- Takes the initiative to manage projects and systems for areas such as student awards, gift and naming agreements and sponsorships to maximize efficiency and maintain accurate and timely follow up.
- Arranges and attends meetings, books facilities, prepares agendas, takes minutes from meetings and initiates follow up on action items.
- Maintains a calendar of events and contacts in the profession and the community, assisting with the planning and execution of events, meetings, etc. as needed.