Financial management and internal control of research transactions within the Faculty of Engineering
- Possesses a clear and current understanding of University policies and procedures and research related sponsor guidelines to ensure ongoing compliance and consistent understanding of University and funding agency requirements within the Faculty
- Provides advice and support to research administrative staff, individual researchers and research groups and institutes regarding eligibility, management and control of research funds, including information about their financial data and required reporting
- Meets regularly with the research administrative staff to support effective and consistent financial management and internal control and encourages the sharing of best practices throughout the Faculty of Engineering
- Works closely with members of Engineering Research Office, the Research Finance and Compliance Team within the Office of Research, Finance, and Human Resources to identify and address issues concerning compliance with University policies and sponsor agreements/guidelines.
- Conducts internal audits to ensure research transactions follow the required policies and procedures Monitors Interim Research accounts within the Faculty to minimize financial exposure.
- Conducts periodic monitoring of research account balances and highlights to management potential issues.
Financial management and internal control of non-research transactions within the Faculty of Engineering
- Under the direction of the FFO, participates in periodic reviews and audits of financial procedures and transactions to ensure strong internal controls and efficient and effective financial accountability
- Assists with monthly monitoring of financial reports for each academic and service unit, identifying potential issues and risks to the FFO
- Helps with routine and ad hoc assignments associated with the management and control of Faculty financial administrative processes and the related document flow
- Helps with routine and ad hoc assignments associated with data, information reporting and trending analyses
- Supports new initiatives in the areas of budget and finance
Financial administration, communication and continuous support within the Faculty of Engineering
- Provides general administrative support to the FFO and the Executive Officer as directed.
- Assists Dean of Engineering staff with understanding of and adherence to financial processes and policies
- Assists FFO to ensure that University accounting methodology and procedures are well understood across the Faculty and that these procedures are documented, communicated and followed
- Keeps current on research-related eligibility, compliance and process matters and ensures that this information is shared efficiently and effectively with relevant stakeholders across the Faculty
- Serves as a resource to the Faculty staff and faculty members with queries related to the university financial systems (i.e. Concur, Unit4, Pcard)
- Develops reports and statistics to identify where improvements are needed for financial compliance