- Supports strategic planning efforts addressing stewardship responsibilities and long-term sustainability of the University’s campus, facilities and infrastructure and maximizing opportunities for efficient delivery of campus services and optimal investments in University-wide infrastructure
- Follows set schedule and performs assigned work routines within assigned facilities, including but not limited to:
- Individual and general office, classroom and other room cleaning, including dusting, vacuuming, emptying waste and recycling containers and other related cleaning
- Washroom cleaning, including doors, fixtures, walls and windows, and supplies stocking
- Floor care and cleaning, including dry and damp mopping, buffing, carpet cleaning, cleaning doors, fixtures, ceilings, walls and windows and other related cleaning, including furniture teardown, moving, and setup
- Collecting, handling and disposing of appropriately-segregated waste and recycle streams
- Cleanup of spills and other extraordinary waste, including biohazards such as fluids, unpleasant smelling materials and other unappealing situations, using appropriate discretion; anCleaning duties may vary depending on assignment of campus facilities
Maintains safety, good order and appropriate service level standards of cleanliness and appearance of assigned facilities:
- Appropriately uses chemicals, materials, powered and non-powered equipment and tools and required personal protective equipment; and
- Follows training provided and instructions received from group leader/ supervisory staff concerning occupational health and environmental safety, cleaning procedures and materials and prioritization of work
Health & Safety
In consideration of the University’s commitment to the safety and well-being of all faculty, support staff, students, and visitors, responsible for ensuring University facilities and departmental activities are compliant with all applicable legislation, regulations, codes and standards related to facilities operations as well as occupational health and environmental safety.
- Active in health and safety and incident prevention by adhering to departmental policy, procedures and safe work practices required by the University health, safety, and environmental management system (HSEMS), and in accordance with relevant health and safety legislation, developing and enhancing a safety culture among support staff
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned and supports departmental activities.