Provides general administrative support of undergraduate teaching for:
- Director and Associate Director of Undergraduate Studies.
- Undergraduate course instructors (limited to faculty and adjunct faculty (sessional);
- Lecturer/advisors are supported by the Undergraduate Studies Services Assistant).
- Undergraduate Studies Support Manager
- Instructional Support Group and Instructional Support Assistants.
- This may include booking rooms, preparing course handouts and records management of documents pertaining to undergraduate courses including secure document disposal according to University policies.
- Coordinate midterm exam timetable and room bookings; and liaison with the Office of Persons with Disabilities (OPD).
- Archives records of student grades for sessional instructors
Human Resources within the scope of hiring students for temporary positions within the School as described below:
Provides administrative support for hiring and management of Instructional Support Assistants, which includes scheduling job interviews, completing hiring documents, assigning a desk, preparing orientation packages, arranging computer equipment and email accounts and monitoring space used by the ISAs.
- Provides administrative support for hiring of Undergraduate Research Assistants.
- Liaison with the Administrative Officer to ensure employment documents adhere to human resources policies and procedures, refer atypical issues. For example, coordinate hiring to ensure an individual is not hired for two distinct full-time positions within the School.
- Record staff absences.
- Coordinate the Instructional Support Group evaluation process and maintain ISA/TA evaluation files.
- Supervise event volunteers.
- Maintain a task manual and information pertaining to the incumbent’s job.
- Provide backup for the Undergraduate Studies Services Assistant during times of absence.
- Organizes special events related to Undergraduate Students such as the orientation of first year students and upper year information night, which will include selecting a venue, planning refreshments, requesting and supervising volunteers, and providing information to the Communications Coordinator for Mathematics and the School in order to publicize the events.
- May assist with recruitment activities when time permits.