- As an individual contributor provides senior analytical expertise supporting business units in identifying project opportunities, developing business cases and execution of projects in support of business objectives. This includes:
- Developing strong relationships with project stakeholders which could include CEE teams, students, employers, faculty and other support units on campus.
- Liaise among stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies or practices.
- Provide guidance to the various stakeholders to devise effective and efficient approaches to achieve project objectives
- Provide consultative and analytical support including facilitating requirements gathering sessions, risk assessments or process design and improvement
- Act as a change agent ensuring appropriate change management is in place.
- Identifies synergies across CEE units and ensures these are operationalized and benefits are achieved
Records Management – provides management support and expert knowledge related to records management, document retention, and policy pertaining to student and employer records. Manages Records Coordinators accountable for:
- Maintaining and managing student and employer records
- Integrity of policy management as it pertains to student and employer records
- Data integrity as it applies to student and employer records
Systems Administration – Manages Operations Administrator accountable for:
- Production system administration including permissions, updating student and employer records and providing tier 2 support for many CEE applications (e.g. WaterlooWorks, SharePoint).
- Ensures system set up is complete for each term, for each business unit
- Updates student and employer records
- Term set up and system configuration
- Coordinates production calendars across the CEE units ensuring there are no conflicts or overlaps
- Ensures timely and accurate execution of centralized components of calendar
Lead and manage direct reports and ensure the delivery of results in support of Co-op’s mission, vision and guiding principles including:
- Providing information and context needed for employees to be effective.
- Hiring, developing and retaining the best qualified staff available from inside or outside UW.
- Setting goals and expectations and helping employees create clear paths to success.
- Developing effective work team dynamics.
- Ensuring appropriate back up, support and cross training to manage capacity.
- Holding employees accountable for performance including consistent application of business processes.
- Managing performance through both formal (performance appraisal) and informal methods such as regular feedback, coaching and one-to-ones.
- Identifying development opportunities in others and co-creating with the employee a development plan; regularly following up on the progress of development.
Provide overall leadership to the organization by:
- Personally championing mission, vision and guiding principles and playing a leadership role in bringing them to life.
- Providing leadership, direction and strategic planning for Co-operative and Experiential Education team with a specific focus on co-operative education.
- Monitoring business practices to ensure that Co-op has the appropriate practices and processes to work effectively for all stakeholders both within and external to the University.
- Leading the development of new capabilities required by the introduction of new systems, tools or processes.
- Developing productive, collaborative working relationships across CEE and the University
- Leading or contributing to the identification, development and implementation of projects to improve service quality, relationships, stakeholder satisfaction, timeliness, staff capability and performance.
- Developing internal/external customer service standards, monitoring satisfaction with service delivered and taking action to restore and enhance service quality.