Technical Analysis for CEE systems and applications
- The Business Systems Analyst optimizes the application of technology and business processes for CEE in alignment with CEE goals. This includes researching new technology opportunities with potential internal and external stakeholders. Develop executive summary of findings, present to management and advocate for resources to advance the initiative, where applicable.
- Research and provide technology solutions to support business problems.
- Assess existing system capabilities, long term viability and requirements that support CEE goals, business needs and growth.
- Develop in-depth systems expertise to support the CEE portfolio. Apply system knowledge ensuring expected business processes are achieved and are reliable.
- Liaise with stakeholders to clarify and understand requests for new software or technology. In collaboration with IST ensure appropriate long term support is in place (security, business continuity, scalability, support for upgrades).
- Manages approved projects ensuring appropriate project management practices are being followed and project objectives are met.
- Oversee the life cycle of changes to business systems, manage changes including documentation and training
Business Analysis for CEE processes and operations
- Improves systems by studying current practices and documenting workflows to recommend modifications to process, application software and/or hardware. Examples – SharePoint, paging system, S4B
- Interview CEE stakeholders about common frustrations, hindrances and other issues that interrupt their workflow or reduce their productivity to recommend improvement initiatives
- Create detailed plans for execution and implementation of approved recommendations.
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, recommending actions. Ensures projects include change management considerations and updated documentation.
Provides Tier 2/3 support for CEE systems (outside of IST accountability)
- Proactively monitors hardware and software applications targeting zero outage and minimal impact during critical periods. (example, paging system during interview days, Undergrad Research Internship database or any system outside of IST accountability.
- Trouble shoot and resolves any issues, consulting with vendor when appropriate.
- Ensure documentation and regular maintenance schedules are in place and followed.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting secure computer environments.
- In partnership with IST, understand the infrastructure upgrades ensuring business continuity.
- Provide leadership of technical upgrades and advanced troubleshooting of production issues.
- Maintain general knowledge of technical projects across campus to identify opportunities for collaboration.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, participating in professional societies.
Monitors hardware usage and budget
- Works with IST regarding appropriate hardware rollover schedule, inventory, documentation and standard desktop. (laptops, phones and printers)
- Has accountability for cost effective use of hardware and remaining within hardware budgets.
- Ensures support of all CEE staff including the unique requirements of over 50 staff working off-site and on campus staff moving out of offices during the interview period.