Manage Waterloo AMC industry contracts and projects
- Prepare and coordinate proposals including detailed scope of work and budget for industry-identified contracts and projects.
- Work closely with the Director of AMC, the Managing Director of WatCAR, the AMC Collaboration Steering Group, relevant professional and administrative personnel of the Waterloo AMC’s three research assets – WatCAR Manufacturing, Additive Manufacturing and Robotics, and Centre for Intelligent Antenna and Radio Systems.
- Track from start to finish all contracts and projects undertaken by the Waterloo AMC and ensure their completion along with any deliverables as agreed upon by concerned parties.
- Systematically collect feedback on contracts and projects from all parties engaged and use it to continually improve deliverables and client services.
- Work with AMC-PIs to grow AMC-Industry engagement and research/innovation capacity.
- Track impact and outcomes of all contracts and projects, including metrics such as products or processes developed/improved, jobs created, number of companies engaged, etc.
Foster interactions with industry, academic and government partners, and steward existing collaborations
- Under the leadership of the Collaboration Steering Group, target, pursue and cultivate external relationships, collaborations and partnerships that strongly advance the goals of the Waterloo AMC.
- Be the first contact for inquiries about the Waterloo AMC from industry, government, other institutions and the media.
- Steward and build on existing collaborations and actively pursue new partnerships. Prepare and submit proposals when large equipment purchases are deemed essential.
- Coordinate the Waterloo AMC’s technology transfer and commercialization initiatives.
Plan and implement marketing and communication initiatives
- Implement and manage a contact management database system.
- In consultation with the Collaboration Steering Group, develop a professional portfolio of marketing communications tools (e.g., brochures and presentation decks).
- Actively manage web and other key social media for Waterloo AMC. Manage media including pressreleases, media inquiries, and advertisements. Coordinate and participate in campus visits and events.
- Deliver presentations to corporations, government and industry.
Administrative Duties/Financial Accountability
- Implement and maintain up-to-date technology wherever appropriate to provide efficiencies and detailed annual reports for the Waterloo AMC activities, projects, goals, etc.
- Ensure financial accountability is maintained in accordance with UW requirements and standards.
- Oversee administrative aspects of the Waterloo AMC and maintain confidential files, correspondence, etc.
- Collaborate with Purchasing, Finance, and Human Resources as necessary to resolve issues that may arise.
Provide daily supervision for the Waterloo AMC
- Oversee the recruitment, hiring, evaluation, performance management, promotion, professional development and retention of all technical and administrative staff in the Waterloo AMC office.
- Ensure a high level of client service to stakeholders in industry, government and academia.
- Inspire an environment/culture where exceptional customer service is expected as integral to the service provided.
- Investigate, recommend and implement new technologies and initiatives to improve the level of client service.