Assists with planning activities, including conducting business analytics, short and long-term campus and facilities planning to support the department’s strategic and operational direction.
Assists with and supports the department’s strategic planning efforts addressing stewardship responsibilities and long-term sustainability of the University’s campus, facilities and infrastructure and maximizing opportunities for efficient delivery of campus services and optimal investments in University-wide infrastructure, maintaining the University’s facilities condition and life cycle assessment to guide facility repair, replacement and renewal, and energy conversation requirements.
Operations planning and assessment
Oversees planning, management, and delivery of all aspects of Business Operations services, consisting of administrative, financial and information systems, including access control, employee relations and payroll, and materials management services, in support of the department and business units, fostering a client-focused, service-oriented work environment for operational consistency and effectiveness.
- Working with the Executive Director, develops, implements, maintains, monitors the annual operational and multi-year capital budgets to advise and support the Executive Director and business unit heads.
- Working with the Vice President Administration & Finance, the Executive Director, Finance and departmental business units, prepares and develops governmental submissions and reporting for the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (Ministry) and other federal/ provincial/ municipal agencies, including major capital, annual Facilities Renewal Program, utilities, and Cap and Trade.
- Undertakes new initiatives and strategic projects that impact the department and/ or the University’s campus, facilities and infrastructure and at times service delivery across campus. Research options, prepare business cases and delegates/directs implementation.
- Leads, plans, periodically reviews, and maintains current department specifications, service level standards, work processes and practices appropriate and necessary for the operations of Business Operations consisting of administrative, financial and information systems services, including access control, employee relations and payroll, and materials management services.
- Provides leadership oversight of materials management/ business unit procurement of products and contracted services through University procurement process, including materials, supplies, equipment, consultant and other specialty services in consultation with Procurement and Contract Management. Engages external service consultants as appropriate, providing administration and management of contract service providers; monitoring, assessing and evaluating performance against contractual deliverables. Liaises with contract services to escalate and resolve problems.
- Liaises with department staff as well as University community members with respect to administrative, financial and information systems matters and issues work to support staff to maintain safety, good order and service level standards within the department and business units.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant legislation, including related regulations, codes and standards, policies and procedures. Develops and enhances a safety culture within the department.
Supports departmental operations and processes advancing the University’s sustainable asset management strategy, including facilities condition and life cycle assessment, and guiding real property asset management, preventive maintenance programs, infrastructure renewal and energy conversation requirements.
- Leads, develops, implements and maintains current the department’s integrated facilities software systems, including its interoperability among other departmental and University administrative and financial systems.
- Directs the business unit to ensure successful, on-schedule and on-budget delivery of technical services, system implementations, upgrades, and enhancements in support of Plant Operations initiatives.
- Overseas the development and implementation of change- control measures relevant to the portfolio including by not limited to policies, procedures, training manuals, databases and systems.
- Working with business units, coordinates and updates the facilities condition assessment and audit reports, including infrastructure renewal, deferred maintenance and adaptation/ needs requirements, and associated expenditure reports and budget plans, and submits such reports to the University and the Ministry.
- Conducts business analytics related to department services and best practices for continuous improvement. Develops and monitors metrics reporting to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness, servicing client needs and meeting campus needs on time and within budget.
- Compiles, analyzes and maintains statistical data/reports of the department, including but not limited to: key performance indicators, performance measures, operational effectiveness, budget forecasting and comparisons of expense to actuals, gap analysis, timekeeping, attendance and absence management, safety and regulatory training and compliance, staff performance and professional development, inventory (and consumption) of utilities, carbon credits, products, supplies and equipment.
Responsible for employee relations of support staff reporting to the position, fostering a clientfocused, service oriented work environment while establishing and maintaining good working relationships among support staff.
- Overseas hiring, staff performance, salary administration, promotions, reclassifications and disciplinary issues. The incumbent must exercises skill in managing people and provide them with a productive environment and development opportunities.
- Ensures training and professional development is provided for support staff.
- Working with Executive Director, provides leadership oversight of human resources management system and services within the department, ensuring development and application of department policy and process consistent with University policy and process, including resource management, succession planning, employee relations, attendance management and payroll, support staff development and training in consultation with Human Resources. Supports and assists business units with the dayto-day employee relations management and operations..
- Develops and administers the business unit budget and operates within allocated resources; ensures the efficient use of human, fiscal and physical resources.
- Plans business unit activities to meet the strategic and operational needs of the University and the department.
Health & Safety
In consideration of the University’s commitment to the safety and well-being of all faculty, support staff, students, and visitors, responsible for ensuring University facilities and departmental activities are compliant with all applicable legislation, regulations, codes and standards related to facilities operations as well as occupational health and environmental safety.
- Active in health and safety and incident prevention by establishing, adhering and ensuring assigned support staff are following departmental policy, procedures and safe work practices required by the University health, safety, and environmental management system (HSEMS), and in accordance with relevant health and safety legislation, developing and enhancing a safety culture among support staff.
Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned and supports departmental activities.