Support, as primary contact, co-op students during work term and subsequent academic term for process inquiries, and ensure information exchange within Co-operative Education.
- Support students in knowledge of Co-op Processes, including core employment process.
- Respond to student concerns and queries. Support students through unusual employment issues, such as: harassment, discrimination and termination.
- Contact students on work terms as per student advisement guidelines (e-mail/telephone/Skype/face to face visit)
- Attain student feedback on work term, employer, salary, work experience, process and value of learning
- Feedback to Account Manager or Business Developer where student has arranged their own job
- Facilitate the smooth transition of students from work term to academic term through to securing employment for their next work term and ultimately the smooth handover to the student’s
- subsequent student advisor
- In partnership with Career Advisors, ensure structured, career reflection opportunities for students on work terms or subsequent academic terms and co-facilitate employment workshops for unemployed students
- Provide guidance on options for academic sequence changes
- Provide support to unemployed students, leveraging employer relationships within the regional team
- Ensure engagement of relevant UW and Co-op resources to resolve career or personal issues (e.g. Career Advisor, On-Campus Counselling) and follow up to ensure satisfactory resolution.)
As defined by the account plan, agreed by the Account Manager, build relationships with employer supervisors and ensure the workplace is suitable for co-op credit and the overall learning experience.
- Coach employer supervisors in managing effective co-op work terms
- Retain existing levels of student employment
- Notify Account Manager of potential opportunities to deepen student hiring relationships
- Ensure adherence of creditable work term jobs to program/faculty specific requirements (e.g. admission levels, work relevance criteria, job type/sequence requirements), and approve co-op job postings for students that arranged their own jobs
- Support implementation of university-wide, faculty, or Co-op student development initiatives (e.g. UDLES, co-op fundamentals, WatPD).