Provides comprehensive administrative support to the Executive Officer including but not limited to:
- Providing support for space planning including, reporting and maintaining of University space database;
- Supporting the implementation of the Research and Graduate Space Cluster model and associated database;
- Providing support for the maintenance of documentation of Dean’s Office files in accordance with the WatCLASS and records retention Schedule;
- Providing back-up to the Faculty Services Manager & Executive Assistant in managing the Dean’s calendar with respect to meetings, visits, events and travel;
- Providing back-up to the Office and Facilities Manager by covering the reception area as required, issuing of keys permits and fobs, approving room bookings, and triage of general inquiries.
Supports undergraduate activities and administration including but not limited to:
- Faculty contact for the Global Learning Team in the Student Success Office for exchange programs and procedures;
- Member of the International Exchange Committee;
- Guiding Environment students through the exchange program application process and the Waterloo Passport system;
- Maintaining exchange program files and databases (e.g., students, partner universities)and relevant web pages;
- Assisting incoming exchange students with course selection and enrolment approval processes;
- Assisting outgoing exchange students with approvals, course equivalencies, letters of recommendation;
- Organizing the annual Valedictorian process; booking venues, responding to inquiries, managing the application processes, notification to Office of the Registrar;
- Coordination and production of Dean’s Honour’s List certificates, Co-op, President’s Scholarship of Distinction and Alumni Gold Medal Awards.
Supports strategic communications and routine processes as they relate to portfolios of the Associate Dean of Strategic Initiatives including but not limited to:
- Coordination of meetings, circulation of relevant materials, securing meeting rooms/equipment, and other logistics;
- Providing project and administrative support as it relates to the development of strategic initiatives.
Supports the planning, promotion and execution of Faculty-wide events including but not limited to:
- New Faculty and Staff Welcome
- Dean’s Lecture Series
- Entrepreneurship Initiatives
- Co-op Award Presentations
- Plans and executes additional events sponsored by the Associate Deans;
- Organizes event logistics: coordinates venue bookings, speakers and vendors to ensure catering, parking and appropriate furnishings/equipment are available for the event;
- Prepares facilities prior to the event and ensures facilities are returned to their normal state following the event.