Oversee the day-to-day aspects of the Summer Accommodations program
- Recruit, train and oversee the work of the front desk coop students and support staff
- Schedule staff and create payroll records for staff shifts
- Ongoing performance management of staff and conduct mid-term and final evaluations for coop students
- Perform regular audits on supply and equipment inventory as necessary to operate effectively
- Create and maintain cleaning calendar to ensure that guest rooms and residence facilities are properly prepared and maintained
- Liaise with laundry company to ensure linens are laundered and delivered to the appropriate area
- Coordinate facility cleaning requirements to UW cleaning services employees and contracted cleaning services employees
- Submit work orders and ensure repairs are completed in residence facilities
- Coordinate preventative maintenance and capital improvement in residence facilities
- Coordinate client event requirements which may include: accommodations, meeting rooms, food services, parking and signage
- Develop training programs, employee manuals, shift guidelines and standard operating procedures for Summer Accommodations
- Assist Conference Manager with registration services when required
- Assist in creating “end of season” reports that summarize the conference season including making recommendations to improve services and improve operating procedures.
- Assist in implementing overall marketing and outreach plan
Sales and supervision for Catering and Event Services
- Promote and provide growth in sales through direct customer contact, upselling and marketing initiatives.
- Organize client events which could include client meetings, contract preparation, supervision of events, post-event follow-up and billing.
- Ensure all health, safety, sanitation and maintenance standards are met
Contribute to the enhancement of a positive customer experience
- Maintain high customer service levels by initiating as needed improvement tactics and coaching staff
- Diffuse and rectify guest complaints and concerns.
- Work with a high degree of professionalism and courtesy when dealing with students, guests, staff and faculty
- Anticipate needs of clients and offer suggestions to improve their experience
- May be required to work in other UW Food Services units as needed and performs other duties as assigned
- Assist with establishing the annual budget for Summer Accommodations
- Prepare and reconcile web and bank deposits as required
- Allocate revenue to the appropriate accounts and journal within the management software
- Investigate cash float shortages and maintain related procedural documentation as required.
- Ensure financial templates are kept up-to-date with latest account numbers and conference information
- Perform monthly audits of all revenue and expense accounts as required